Acute Sales Ltd has been assessed and certified to BS EN ISO9001:2008 standard.
Our ISO 9001:2008 certification provides an additional level of quality assurance to you the customer over a supplier which has not undertaken certification.
As we are ISO 9001 certified, it means that we have met the requirements of the standard and have been assessed by NQA which is an independent accrediting body.
NQA themselves are accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service(UKAS) which is the sole national accreditation body recognised by central government to assess, against internationally agreed standards, organisations that provide certification and calibration services.
ISO9001:2008 Supplier Approval
We are currently receiving and processing many quality assurance questionnaires. We have analysed the information requested on these questionnaires and we have concluded that we regularly respond to a series of common questions.
On this basis, in order to provide your company with a fast response, we have
compiled a standard questionnaire reply, together with other company information. You will
see that we cover virtually all of the common questions asked in current questionnaires, and
believe that these should cover your needs. However, if there is anything specific that you
require please do not hesitate to contact us.
Health & Safety
Workplace health and safety has continually been an issue of great importance for companies and the government on a whole.
Across the UK, nearly 25,000 people per year leave the workforce and never to return due to an injury suffered at work, and an average of a further 20 people per month are killed at work, mainly due to poor health and safety practices.
By 2021 one third of the workforce will be over 50, up from one quarter today. Disability increases with age and businesses will need to consider the requirements of older workers if they are to retain valued skills and corporate knowledge.
In an effort to reduce the loss figures, the government has implemented stringent health and safety procedures and training.
The latest government directive is set to highlight once again the necessity for rigorous health and safety practices.
|What is a health and safety culture?
According to HSG65 "The safety culture of an organisation is the product of individual and group values, attitudes, perceptions, competencies and patterns of behaviour that determine the commitment to, and the style and proficiency of, an organisation's health and safety management.”
Safety culture is not a difficult idea, but it is usually described in terms of concepts such as ‘trust’, ‘values’ and ‘attitudes’. It can be difficult to describe what these mean, but Acute Sales Ltd can judge whether it has attained a good safety culture from seeing what our employees actually do rather than what they say.
|Promoting a positive health and safety culture
The culture of Acute Sales Ltd is to make the greatest contribution to its own health and safety performance utilising the expertise of valued employees, this will go some way to setting the scene for developing the future of a positive health and safety system.
- Acute Sales Ltd has always ensured safe working conditions and practices for its employees.
- By taking on board the new government directives for increased levels of health and safety training in the workplace; Acute Sales Ltd continue to show its commitment to a safer working environment, and therefore has proposed to deliver a health and safety training program that sets out to "inspire and stimulate our employees, and get them engaged with health and safety".
- The directors at Acute Sales Ltd see this incentive as an essential part of the 21st century trading ethics. Attitudes to health and safety are determined by the bosses, not the organisation’s size.
- Acute will set out to deliver the expertise of the Institution of Occupational Health’s - 'Working Safely’ as a minimum standard to all employees and ‘Managing Safely’ to our Senior Managers and Directors. These are essential in health and safety and will provide employees with a thorough understanding of why they must 'work safely'.
- The training will not only surpass the government's guidelines for introductory health and safety training, but also is a 100 per cent match to the Health & Safety Executives 'passport' syllabus. The passport syllabus covers aspects of health and safety such as: the possible risks employees face in the workplace, hazards that workers can cause for their colleagues, how to identify relevant hazards and risks and how to follow a safe system of work.
- Acute Sales Ltd’s health and safety training will focus on how individuals can make a difference to the well being of both themselves and their colleagues. Health and safety is a fundamental part of our business. The Board of Directors have the passion and energy to ensure it stays at the core of the organisation.